- Generous salary package + Benefits including Car, Fuel Card and Bonus
- A great company & culture, voted in the top 10 best places to work in 2018
About Kennards Hire
We are a proud, family-owned company with a strong mission – to be the best hire company in the world. With over 1,600 employees and over 180 branches, we are a large industry leader who is continuing to grow.
During the last 5 years we have grown our brand and range with the addition of specialist branches in the network, such as Traffic, Pump and Power, Lift and Shift and Concrete Care. Kennards Major Projects is the newest expansion of our business and is quickly becoming a competitive force within the major projects market.
About the team
The Project Manager, Site Solutions role is part of the Operations function in NSW, designed to make our customer’s job easy, by providing them with the solutions they need, when and where they need them.
This role will consistently strive to deepen customer relationships and create new ones within the event infrastructure market by servicing major projects in-line with Kennard Hire’s business strategy. The role concentrates on profitable, professional and sustainable growth that optimises the asset utilisation of our select group of products across both our General Hire and Specialist branch network.
About the role
As the Project Manager you will manage and deliver on major commercial projects won, in particular from the event infrastructure market. The primary focus of the role is on the operational aspects of servicing the ‘event infrastructure’ or ‘major’ project within NSW, however it will work alongside Business Development to manage existing customer contacts as well as develop market opportunities. Key responsibilities include requirements from early stages of quoting, operational execution through to final invoicing.
Your responsibilities are but not limited to;
- Plan, coordinate and deliver projects within budget, on time and within Kennards Hire standards of service
- Together with Business Development analyse, review and recommend pricing structures for events projects, ensuring each project is within profit guidelines.
- Liaise with existing Kennard’s Hire key stakeholders to source equipment and manage the hire transaction for any event activity.
- Build deep and enduring relationships with clients and promote revenue growth through awareness of emerging opportunities
- Engage suppliers and subcontractors to deliver innovative project solutions
You are a self-driven professional with a strong ability to build and maintain lasting relationships. You thrive in a fast paced environment, have clear, concise, engaging and to the point communication.
- Experience in working as a Project Manager or in a middle management role within the hire industry.
- Highly effective personal organisation and planning skills including goal and priority setting, time management and enhanced project management.
- Thorough understanding of industry safety requirements.
- Knowledge of equipment capabilities and capacities/industry people and processes.
- Knowledge of mobile plant, access, power generation, minor tools and a mechanical aptitude highly regarded
- Adaptable to changing situations and contexts, with experience in managing diversity and ambiguity.
- Results driven, thrives on achieving and never gives up.
- Relevant educational qualifications in project management will be well regarded, but are not essential
Applicants will have full Australian work rights
Successful applicant will be required to complete an Australian Background Check
No recruitment agencies please
Simply hit the Apply Now button below and we look forward to talking with you!