About Kennards Hire
We are a proud, family-owned company with a strong mission – to be the best hire company in the world! With over 1,700 employees and more than 180 branches across Australia and New Zealand, we are an innovative industry leader, with continuing strong growth on the horizon. Our culture and team values are at the heart of our business, and every team member has opportunities to learn, develop, and go further than ever thought possible.
Our brand and range has grown over the years beyond General Hire to include the addition
of specialist branches in the network, such as Traffic, Pump and Power, Lift and Shift, Concrete Care and Major Projects.
Come and join the team that placed in the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Australia.
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced IT Solutions Architect to join our team on a 10 month contract.
The purpose of the role is to define the problems and opportunities for Kennards IT and ensure the IT environment meet the future needs of the business, focusing on scalability, availability, maintainability, manageability, extensibility, interoperability, portability, security, performance and monitoring.
Key duties include;
- Drive the identification, evaluation and adoption of technologies to transform organisational agility; customer and user experience; improve supply chains and exploit opportunities.
- Engage with and influence, stakeholders to obtain commitment and lead the development of a culture that encourages innovation, risk taking and collaboration.
- Lead the development of solution architectures for complex solutions, taking responsibility for the balance between functional, quality and systems management requirements.
- Ensure appropriate standards are adhered to and methods and tools are available, understood and employed.
- Prepare technical plans and advice on aspects of the solution development and integration and ensure strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly.
- Identify and evaluate alternatives and the trade-offs in cost, performance and scalability.
- Ensure that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services.
You will have strong analytical, organisational, and time management skills. Your strength will be attention to detail and your ability to understand a customer's business needs and translate into IT specific requirements.
Specifically, we are looking for;
- At least 15 years industry experience and 5 years as a Solution Architect across a number of technical domains with the ability to ‘deep dive’ where required and ensure correct solutions are implemented.
- Information Technology tertiary qualification and TOGAF certification would be advantageous.
- Strong experience with web based e-commerce platforms, mobility, and business intelligence.
- Strong experience in managing multiple streams of work concurrently and continuous integration and delivery automation systems.
- Strong understanding of User Experience and User Interface design.
- Experience with IOT, Chatbots, Machine learning and algorithms would be advantageous, as would experience in supply chains, transport or hire and rental.
- Experience with infrastructure design and cloud based technologies and a strong understanding of security logging, application security, identity and access management solutions for workforce and cloud, network security and endpoint security.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish and maintain high levels of customer and stakeholder trust and confidence.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on the details while still maintaining the big picture.
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills and when interacting with both business and technical individuals of all levels.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain invaluable experience with a well-renowned and established organisation and work in a supportive team environment.
No recruitment agencies
Must have full Australian work rights
Successful applicant will be required to complete a Australian Background Check
Simply hit the Apply Now button below and we look forward to talking with you!