About Kennards Hire
We are a proud, family-owned company with a strong mission – to be the best hire company in the world! With over 1,700 employees and more than 180 branches across Australia and New Zealand, we are an innovative industry leader, with continuing strong growth on the horizon. Our culture and team values are at the heart of our business, and every team member has opportunities to learn, develop, and go further than ever thought possible.
Our brand and range has grown over the years beyond General Hire to include the addition of specialist branches in the network, such as Traffic, Pump and Power, Lift and Shift, Concrete Care and Major Projects.
Come and join the team that placed in the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Australia.
About the Job
The IT Business Solutions Manager is a leadership role, based in our Group Head office at Seven Hills. You will be responsible for a small team of internal developers and a larger number of external vendors, with a focus on mobility, e-commerce, IOT, customer channels, business intelligence, equipment, rental management, accounting, finance, human resources and safety systems.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate on the digital vision for Kennards Hire and develop processes and practises to better deliver solutions, drive automation and agile software practises.
The role involves:
- Understand enterprise direction, organise scoping, business priority, engage with and influence stakeholders to improve the value delivered from IT solutions.
- Drive the identification, evaluation and adoption of technologies to improve organisational agility, customer and user experience, improve supply chains and exploit business opportunities.
- Establish the contribution technology can make to business objectives, validate and justify business needs, conducting feasibility studies and oversee the development and implementation of solutions, taking into account the implications of change on the organisation and stakeholders.
- Lead the definition, implementation and review of Kennards Hire solution delivery lifecycle and develop policy, standards, guidelines and methods for solution design.
- Lead design activities for strategic, large and complex projects. Undertake impact analysis on major design options and trade-offs. Ensure design balances functional, quality, security and systems management requirements.
- Model, simulate or prototype the behaviour of proposed solutions to enable approval and effective construction.
- Set strategy for resource management and authorise the allocation of resources.
- Select, adopt and adapt appropriate system development methods, tools and techniques.
- Promote the benefit of addressing all security issues during system development.
- Take technical responsibility across all stages and iterations of software development.
- Monitor and report on the progress of solution development.
- Develop policy, standards and guidelines for system integration and build and create the capability to automate system integration and build from software source code.
- Develop and present business cases for high level initiatives, approval, funding and prioritisation.
You will have strong analytical, organisational, and time management skills with a history of leading and supporting successful projects. Your strength will be attention to detail and your ability to understand a customer's business needs and translate into IT specific requirements.
Specifically, we are looking for;
- At least three years managing teams to deliver solutions and a track record of delivering high quality software.
- Over seven years’ experience developing impactful technology solutions, with a background in web based platforms, mobility, UX, UI, and business intelligence.
- Strong experience in managing multiple streams of work concurrently and continuous integration and delivery automation systems.
- Strong experience managing vendors to deliver solutions.
- Experience with IOT, Machine learning and algorithms would be advantageous, as would experience in supply chains, transport or hire and rental.
- Experience with infrastructure design, cloud based technologies and API’s.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish and maintain high levels of customer and stakeholder trust and confidence.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on the details while still maintaining the big picture.
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills and when interacting with both business and technical individuals of all levels.
- Ability to coach and develop others to build organisational capability.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain invaluable experience with a well-renowned and established organisation and work in a supportive team environment.
No recruitment agencies
Must have full Australian work rights
Please note: Background/Police Checks will be carried out as part of the recruitment process