- Free onsite parking
- Azure development & operations, CI/CD pipelines, Git, .Net Core
- Voted in the top 10 places to work in Australia
About Kennards Hire
We are a proud, family-owned company with a strong mission – to be the best hire company in the world! With over 1,600 employees and more than 180 branches across Australia and New Zealand, we are an innovative industry leader, with strong growth on the horizon. Our culture and team values are at the heart of our business, and every team member has opportunities to learn, develop, and go further than ever thought possible.
Our brand and range has grown to include the addition of specialist branches in the network, such as Traffic, Pump and Power, Lift and Shift, Concrete Care and Major Projects.
Come and join the team that placed in the Top 10 Best Places to Work in both Australia and New Zealand.
We are seeking a Senior Application Developer to design, develop, maintain and support the application suite used across Kennards Hire to ensure the business operates effectively and efficiently.
About the role
- We’re looking for someone to take ownership of our Azure development and operations. We use DevOps, API Management, Cosmos DB, Function Apps and durable functions.
- Own the tech stack for colleagues, vendors, contractors and consultants.
- Moving the majority of our on-prem ASP.Net/C# applications to Azure.
- Hands on development with .Net Core in Azure and manage resources in Azure.
- Set up CI/CD pipelines for all projects and BAU work
- contribute to the continuous improvement of development practice in the Applications team and share skills and experience with members of the Applications Team and the broader National IT team.
You will have a solid enterprise background in .Net and Microsoft technologies generally. You will also have the skills to jump into an existing application and make enhancements as needed by the business, or to help a colleague out.
To be successful, you will require:
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a similar discipline
- At least 3 years’ experience in enterprise application development in a Microsoft environment – C#, ASP.Net, WCF, Microsoft SQL Server.
- At least 3 years experience in application development in Azure, including API Management, App Services, serverless functions, Cosmos and table storage
- Experienced managing code repositories in Azure DevOps (or VSTS) including CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in current development, integration and data access techniques
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum and KanBan
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to apply skills and experience to new problems and technologies
Why work for Kennards Hire? We are…
- A successful Iconic Australian Brand
- Family owned and run since 1948
- Innovative - it’s in our blood and why we lead the way in the Hire Industry
- A thriving business of 180 branches across ANZ and we’re still growing!
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply today - we look forward to hearing from you!